WANT TO STOP SMOKING NOW?
HOW I CAN HELP
You know all the logical reasons why you shouldn't smoke. So why can't you stop? Why won't you stop? Is there a difference?
The answer is Yes. If you've ever been in 'two minds' about something, then you have experienced first-hand the power of your subconscious mind. But beware of believing that it is 'all powerful'. It is quite powerful, but you can begin to take control.
Hypnotherapy is one of the fastest ways of treating habits. Through a very light relaxed state, we can allow ourselves to access the subconscious mind in ways that our everyday waking state cannot.
“Hypnosis is the most effective way of giving up smoking according to the largest ever scientific comparison of ways of breaking the habit.”
R. Matthews, New Scientist Magazine
Once you have made the initial contact with me, by phone, email, etc., then I know that you are serious about your decision to stop smoking and you become a priority for me. If you have decided upon a particular date to stop, then we schedule the appointment around this date or as close to it as possible.
Otherwise, we make the appointment based on availability. I try to schedule you in as soon as possible, preferably within that same week, if time allows. I prioritise smoking cessation sessions.
How is it done? Well, that is up to me, but very simply, your session goes something like this:
1) We speak first. I always speak with you first to see what is on your mind, literally, at the moment. I can also ascertain whether or not I think I can be of help. I have to turn people away sometimes. It's through my own assessment and it doesn't mean that you won't stop. But I am only interested in a successful session. There may be reasons why I feel I cannot help at this time. You can always contact someone else, or come back another time, if this is appropriate.
2) We make an appointment. I outline the fee and we decide on a time, clinic and date for the appointment.
3) On the day of your session, please just go about your normal day. You may find that you have already cut down by then. Do not schedule any strenuous activity after the session. You will be in quite a relaxed and 'chilled out' state, and all you will really want to do is go home and relax. You can go out however, go partying or whatever you want to do. You will be able to drive, walk, bike, etc. as normal. You may find that you have the best sleep of your life that night.
4) By all means, tell whomever you choose, but in no way feel obligated to prove yourself to anyone. You are the most important person in regards to this, and you need only yourself for approval. You may choose to notify your doctor. You can give him/her my details if you wish.
5) Plan your appointment early enough where you can have a tea/coffee in the local café and relax a bit if time allows. This is a special day and your life will change, and so sometimes having that coffee or tea can be relaxing and reassuring.
6) Upon arrival, you will be made comfortable and water is available. Both clinics have organic juices and teas for sale. (At Neal's Yard, they are complementary).
7) In preparation (in the days leading up to the appointment), ask yourself the following questions:
a. Why do I wish to stop smoking now?
b. Is there any reason why I still may want to smoke?
c. How will my life be different without smoking?
d. Once I stop, how can I reward myself with the extra money I save?
This is very important: How will you reward yourself? What can I do for myself? Do I need a holiday? Have I always wanted to have an aromatherapy message? Have I always wanted to go to a health spa and be pampered? Should I now get that motorcycle license? Do I now want to go and get that bike for my fitness? Do I now want to sign up for yoga classes? How about that course I always wanted to take but couldn't afford? Should I treat my children? How about some new pieces for my wardrobe? (These are examples taken from actual client cases and feedback after quitting smoking)
You've been giving your body and mind a hard time for many years now. You are starting to be good to yourself. Rewarding yourself is your signal to your subconscious that 'I am now in control, and I choose to treat myself well. I will give myself _________________.' (You fill in the blank).
There is no end to the benefits of stopping smoking. And although many people are fully aware of all the reasons they should stop, they still find that they cannot stop. For many, Hypnotherapy is a last resort. Great, as long as you want to stop. And people enjoy the session.
Fans of Hypnosis
Thomas Edison used the trance state to see his way forward.
Henry Ford (car manufacturer) used hypnosis to visualise his inventions.
Albert Einstein (physicist) used hypnosis to see himself completing certain tasks.
Louis XVI (of France) assembled a committee to investigate how 'mesmerism' contributed to healing. Benjamin Franklin (US President), Dr. J. Guillotin, and Antoine Lavoisier, the father of modern chemistry were all on the committee.
Mark Knopfler of Dire Straits used hypnosis to stop smoking.
Jackie Kennedy-Onassis used hypnosis (regression) to heal trauma.
Kevin Costner used hypnosis to remedy his seasickness whilst filming Waterworld. (But that didn't cure the box office sales!!)
Paul Daniels, the magician, remedied his claustrophobia with a former colleague of mine, Dr. Robert Russell at the Hale Clinic.
Paul McKenna, the infamous stage hypnotist & author notes that many people have benefited from his services including Daryl Hannah, the actress, Bobby Davro, Frank Bruno, Robin Smith, the cricketer, and the Crystal Palace football team, just to name a few.
A few of the latest celebrity to sing the praises of hypnosis is Kate Middleton, The Dutchess of Cambridge, Adele, the singer, Fergie, lead singer & solo artist of the R&B group the Black Eyed Peas.
More recently, Matt Damon, Billy Joel, Ellen Degeneres and Drew Barrymore all used hypnosis to stop smoking and have sung its praises.
Sha is Registered with The CENTRAL REGISTER of STOP SMOKING THERAPISTS for the ethical promotion of non-pharmaceutical Stop Smoking methods. Administered by the CRSST and GHR.